01 Dec RIOTS – how to stay safe
VOTING safety guide – what to do
1. Wear a mask when you register and vote, as per lockdown
regulations for all persons in public places. If you don’t have a mask or face cover, the
election officials will refuse you entry to the voting station and you will not be able to
register or update your address, or vote.
2. Keep a distance of 1.5 m from fellow voters, election officials, party agents
and observers at all times while at your voting station.
3. Wait your turn before entering the voting station as only a limited number of people
maybe gathered inside the venue at the same time.
4. Liquid sanitiser will be sprayed on your hands by an election
official before you enter and leave the voting station.
5. We care for the safety of our elected officials. They will be
provided with masks and face shields to wear in line with government regulations.
6. Bring your own pen for filling in forms and marking ballots at the voting station.
In any event, election officials will be sanitising all pens at the voting station after each use.
7. When inking your thumbnail, election officials will check that it is dry
before applying the ink, and will ask you to wait a moment before you move on to ensure
that the ink has dried before your hands are sanitised on departing the voting station.
8. All voting station surfaces will be wiped with 70%
alcohol disinfectant before and after use.
9. Say if it’s not okay. Politely speak up if people are too close to you, or if
anyone’s behavior makes you feel uncomfortable. Keep yourself and others safe.
CLICK HERE to get a quote on securing your family and home! We’re there for you!